Monday, April 11, 2011

Incursion in da Hood

"Should super heroes commit a crime? Even to save lives? I need moral guidance. Bender?"
Philip J. Fry
In English: Free Loot!
I've been sacrificing a lot of ships to the space gods. A lot of good ships and some were virgins, too! But strutting around belts and safe spots in strange patterns and weird fits like some cotton pickin quack from the Micronesian backwoods didn't bring the much needed rain to the hemp fields of my home planet! But it paid off in another unexpected way: The gods sent me a Sansha Incursion in Auga and the surrounding systems! On a Saturday! Oh, my tormented soul, rejoice!

I never felt fighting was an integral part of piracy at all, as it usually involves losing assets now and then thus diminishing revenues. I'd rather just take the stuff from dead people's trunks. This Incursion thing gave me the option to just cut the PvP crap and loot all those wrecks piling up at the gates.

What you see is what you get!
My first scan immediately revealed a battleship wreck in Siseide, I warped in with my capsule and bookmarked the wreck: 720mm T2 guns and a lot of other nice T2 stuff (along with the pilot's dirty undies which I left there to rot for all eternity). Then I changed into a free (like in free beer!) Reaper and warped back to the wreck. From my prior experience with Sansha gate camps I knew I had to be very fast, but I had trained my fingers playing MADDEN NFL ALL WEEK ON MY XBOX BE4 GOING TO SCHOOL, so our new Sansha overlords were no match for me. I was zippin' all over the place without any decent restraint! During the the day I repeated this pattern, but somewhere in between my stupid RL alt insisted on going on a bike tour for a few hours because of the weather! Can you imagine this? Hours of looting lost just because that pathetic earth sun showed its ugly cancer inducing face ...

Anyway, I took mods worth over 70 million during the day, I'm sure many of the other looters may have got more, but I'm satisfied nonetheless. Most noteworthy two Cover Ops cloaks and a few cheaper faction items. Sometimes I used my capsule, sometimes my new Anathema (which now sports one of the new cloaks!) for bookmarking and I lost like 10 non-faction Reapers with ridiculously expensive cargo, but what the hell, it was all FREE! Another fun element in that chaos was the incursion channel stuffed with local pirates trying to lure gullible pilots to Pator Tech School station in Amamake, which is—in case you've never been there—the ugly mother in law of all permanent low sec station camps:
[ 2011.04.09 10:12:39 ] rev risingdawn > I'm trying ot fight this incursion but no one comes
[ 2011.04.09 10:13:11 ] rev risingdawn > formup is at pator tech school, you cna use fitting service of fleet carrier outside station if you need to refit from travel fit to combat fit
[ 2011.04.09 10:13:45 ] Saint Juliana > its risky doing this stuff in low sec. The filthy ammamake pirates could swoop in at any moment.
[ 2011.04.09 10:14:08 ] Sobczynski > pirates?
[ 2011.04.09 10:14:18 ] Micky Nox > By pirates you mean rev risingdawn? ,-)
[ 2011.04.09 10:15:02 ] Saint Juliana > exactly! They're already there - lol
[ 2011.04.09 10:15:03 ] rev risingdawn > I'm not a pirate I'm a guy who did bad things when drunk and has now sobered up and wants to kill the shanshas
Oh, how I was moved to see local pirates, faction war pilots and carebears unite in peace to fight back the Sansha invaders! It was like Enterprise TNG all over again! You know, like when Picard met these other guys and they didn't shoot each other for no reason?

Unfortunately the incursion ended somewhen Sunday afternoon while I was offline riding my bike in my RL alt. When I came back I was forced to pew and pew once again. Meh.

4 comments:

  1. To the choon of GIN AND JUICE ...

    with so much drama in Ama-mak-eee it's kind of hard being Sob C.Z.Y NSKI


    AWESOME post, nice thiefing and EPIC XBOX and SCHOOl quotes/

    LOVING IT.

    MB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos for becoming a Madden NFL champ b4 school, dude.

    On your KB I always find it gratifying to see your Rifter enemies having loaded Barrage before they died. Gives me the giggles. Nicely shows what went down and leaving an aftersmell of despair in the air. Ahh, that smell in the morning is a good replacement for napalm. Send my best to your best ship, Riftarti.

    By the way, fasten your seatbelt, nostalgia attack:
    I was sorting through EFT fittings this morning, spring cleaning if you will, and what do I find in the stack of my early Executioner experiments? A fitting named:

    [2010-05-21 PvP solo More Tracking (killed by Cobzexy)]

    After a short glance on the overview, seeing too many consonants and too few vowels which all points towards eastern european names, this is the name you get in the mind of your enemies.
    You like that, Cobzexy?? Did you intend that? I'll admit .... Cobzexy does have a strange sexeh ring to it.

    Since you explicitely stated you don't like to pew, I found you some motivation. Perhaps inspiration for our weekend? It's called "2 man gangs", and does not at all contain homo-erotic content: http://goo.gl/aTuP3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must admit it took an afternoon and reading your post twice to get that Cobzexy stuff figured out. And yes, I intended the name to be hard to write and remember and I also chose a name containing cz for maximum secksity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I figured it would take you a while, because the Cobzexy part was HIGHLY PHILOSOPHICAL. So I am not mad about waiting 1 full week for a witty response.

    In honor of your name I would like to state one last thing. To this day I have trouble adressing mail to you without using the address book. Because that would be cheating. The factor of maximum secksity has it's due price!

    ReplyDelete