Friday, April 1, 2011

PVP Secrets #7: Failing in Style

Sentinel: Recommended with EAF V
I don't sleep too well these days. The ghosts of ships that were dear to me haunt me, the memories of long lost station floozies and of course my bladder which also interferes with long roams. (The facilities in those Minmatar ships are not very comfy and honestly, I'm a little finicky about toilets. I've visited the greatest station rest rooms in low sec. Hell, I'd take a camped low sec station without repair facility but with with a lavish toilet over a safe pig sty any day! One day I will write a book about this. Don't laugh, I've got publishers interested and shit!)

Now I don't sleep well these days. I've got bugs in my head. I think it affects my flying in ways that are weird and deeply confusing. For example I bought a new Sentinel the other day, beautiful craftsmanship, business package, intelligent light, sport suspension, alabandin grey[1]. Breathtaking! Some less required skills (e.g. EAF IV) were still in queue but I thought, well, a little killing meanwhile wont hurt the karma of the ship, right? Two jumps later I ran into a Jaguar pilot, which was not only willing to fight, but also seemed quite familiar with his ship while I was figuring out what all the buttons meant. Not sure whether I have mentioned this before, but I was raised in a Rifter, so I was still fiddling with the unfamiliar Amarr controls when suddenly I was confronted with the much simpler interface of my pod.

I wasn't lazy either: I 'm sure he capped out during the fight.

Yesterday our Pator Tech School company medical guy allows me to fly again and I jump back into my Rifter and almost instantly find a Covetor in Bosena. Killed, podded and looted the guy. I think I should have ransomed, but ok, I'm glad I didn't get killed by the mining vessel's T1 drones in the first place! With GCC still on I find a Vengeance in the same system. (Since reading this excellent post I was very eager to get my hands on one!) After some waiting, warping to and fro and finishing a bad egg salad sandwich I found the Vengeance at a gate to high sec, along with a cane. Let's warp to 100km and have a look!

Five Minutes of Raw Dogfight Thrill!
I immediately docked and pretended in local I didn't cry which was hard to do. Thank god a very friendly fellow felt my pain and offered a rookie ship duel during which I showed him who's BOSS![2] Thanks Captain! I won't go into details here, because, as Wensley said, "the logs show everything"!



[1] I don't make this stuff up, it's all in the brochure!
[2] Miura B. in the Overheated Redheads Channel.

3 comments:

  1. Nice post Sob. Sorry to hear about the passing of the Sentinel, Alex is a God Jag pilot. Loving the rookie action.

    MB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sob, I'll send you a voucher for shiny golden Empire Toilet to be installed in a Minmatar vessel of your choosing. It includes bidet functionality and soft wet tissue for ... well you know what for.

    The Sentry Gun Gods, again!? I'm just sad I missed the rookie ship duel. When you know how hard it is to get 5 minutes of consecutive unconditional fun, this is the shizzle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the rookie action was hilarious. Turns out those civilan guns don't even need ammunition!

    About this wet tissue stuff: I felt a little uncomfortable when I saw the package on a colleagues desk today with a puppy on it. WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?
    http://goo.gl/yi3tR

    ReplyDelete