Sunday, January 23, 2011

Fly Stupid or Die Trying!

I've died so often I lost count. And while I certainly had my share of lost GFs a lot of my losses were self inflicted. I'll list the most common for your amusement and my embaressment:


  1. Gate or Station Guns. Oh let's see what's so interesting at the Siseide Gate ... warp to 100km. Hmm, a stabber targeting me? Shouldn't be much of a problem. Engage!
  2. Sleeping on a safe spot. In Amamake or Egghelende it's very likely someone is probing your ship right now to jump in with a few Dramiels and Cynabals. Are you aligned?
  3. Sleeping at a gate. Let's quickly check this interesting mail while I'm still cloaked!
  4. AFK undock maneuver. Undocking takes so much time and hey, I haven't seen any unfriendlies around when I docked earlier. Let me ALT-TAB to my browser to check out this nice ... video enthusiast web page a colleague recommended yesterday.
  5. Not adjusting orbit range after changing ships. Well let's just orbit this assault frigate with my Artillery Rupture. And yes, I've flown my AC Rifter earlier, why do you ask?
  6. Looting cheap shit in a dangerous place (like Amamake 3-1). Well that's a nice pile of wrecks!
  7. Biting the bait. I'll quickly finish this Comet while his corp buddies are AFK at a safe spot.
  8. Trying to be smart in a dangerous place (Amamake 3-1 maybe?). No good targets on scan? M'kay then I'll play with those faction frigates at the top belt. Nothing happens there ever, right?
  9. Messing with gangs. Let's just try to pull that interceptor from that amarr FW gang. The others are so far away they can't possibly ... Why is my overview all red?

It seems there are only few truly distinct loss patterns in this list: Most deaths are caused by the Attention Deficit Pattern, which includes all those pathetic I forgot [my sec status | GCC | where I am] errors. Secondly there's a pattern I want to name Amamake Top Belt Suicide Pattern which by the way is not restricted to Amamake. It generally describes stupidly dangerous actions in a very busy and extremely unfriendly environment.

These are obviously my personal low sec flashy scum death patterns. I'm sure I find some new once I'll venture into 0.0 space more regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment