Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Interstellar Dramiel Burst Postponed

There I sat in my Rupture minding my own business. You know, like running through management Powerpoint slides about how Pator Tech School will change the NPC corporation game in Q3 ("significantly") and how to improve KPIs within my board area, which had been renamed (again) recently to Piracy and Piracy Related Services (PTS PPRS) when suddenly this rambunctious Dramiel shows up on scan with a rather young pilot behind the wheel.

Heart Shaped Box
Now, there seems to be a rule that any pilot not currently sitting in or in fleet with a Dramiel hates that little frigate.  Rest assured, I'm a rare exception to this rule, I just think they should all go to faction hell the second they undock. Musing about Dramiels and their general hateability, life, the universe and everything I had an idea: Wouldn't it be nice if this Dramiel had an unfortunate accident?

Only few minutes later, the faction frigate still on scan I pulled myself together: Why should I rely on accidents happening here?

I'm a pirate damn it and every ship on scan is an accident waiting to happen!

Soon after I figured out which one was the warp button the warm vibrations of my warp drives caressed my butt - I was about to put myself in a belt hoping the Dramiel would join. Meanwhile I was building up my hate using a new technique I had been taught at a PTS workshop last tuesday, by imagining the Dramiel pilot chatting with his Dramiel buddies in a Dramiel pilots only channel, laughing about us non-Dramiel pilots. Boy, that got me angry! PVP, you know, is all about the right amount of hate and stuff.

In a fast german pirate faction ship, I'm amazed that I survived.
An airbag saved my life!
A few seconds after I arrived 100km from the belt the Dramiel followed and burned towards my position. As usual I overheated everything and as he entered the 35km radius I started my MWD flying away from him and let slip the dogs of war. Also I had a blood thirsty flight of Warrior II drones sent his direction.

The hard part of killing a Dramiel with a Rupture is to actually hit it without dying first. It's even harder not to let them warp out once they see you refuse to die first. And the hardest part of them all is to see them actually do it. I cried when the Dramiel warped out in hull while my coward crew was relieved to live another day.

OK, there goes my plan to keep my blog posts short, simple and informative. I seem to have exhausted all my energy before I even started to write about what I set out to in the first place: How I killed that same Dramiel a few days later. This, much like the destruction of the faction frigate, will have to be postponed.

2 comments:

  1. I have a suspicion that I know which Dramiel pilot you are talking of here, Mr Sobczynski. I've chased him around numerous times and he gets cocky in local and then whenever I fight him he warps off or burns out of range and . . . well yeah, just plain annoying!

    PS . . I think you should join the in-game channel . . Rifter Drifter. It is full of cool people, funnily enough, like you. :)

    MB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh uh, Dramiel bait! Don't caress your butt too much on those warpdrive vibrations, fellow pirates might get the wrong idea. All kinds of ideas.

    I strongly believe that such a Dramiel-only Channel exists. Their sheer numbers suggests a community, or maybe even a cult. And the chat channel welcome message most likely would state, in highly mature manner: Lol rofl muhaha eat my dust @ all non-Dramiel pilots!

    Looking forward to hear the rest of the story when the Dramiel finally went poof against all odds. Even though you told me the story already, it's much more fun to read it in a bloggish manner with many Pator Tech School powerpoint slides shaping it up.

    ReplyDelete