Tuesday, June 14, 2011

PTS Slashes Skill Hardwiring Budgets

Financial Crisis hit PTS hard, forcing the corporation to save on expenses. No more free strawberry milk. Bye, bye beloved unisex hot tub. And most painfully they cut on the budgets for implants, meaning that people that get podded often will have to restrain themselves to the cheapest implants available. Shopping for hardwirings again I focused on bargains for solo frigate PVP pilots. From that large list of hardwirings - most of them being useless for me or ridiculously overpriced - I'll discuss just a few, the ones I actually bought are typeset in bold. My focus of course is long range frigate PVP and looking good in all circumstances.

Mom has one too! (+3% radio reception ftw)

Slot 6

  1. SX-1 (gunnery): 3% MOAR small projectile damage. Who in their right mind wouldn't want that? Cheap (600,000 ISK)!
  2. ZET100 (armor): 3% less repairer duration, cheap (500,000 ISK), but meh.
  3. MY-1 (navigation): 3% MOAR speed for just 500,000 ISK? Not bad, not bad at all!

Slot 7

  1. ZET200 (armor): 3% less cap need for REMOTE repper (200,000 ISK). I think this is a must for for cookie cutter Rifter pilots. Edit: Yeah right, my fault! I should have known this sounds too good to be true.Thanks Jack!
  2. AY-1 (agility): 3% MOAR agility, this is hands down the best rig for this slot, but it's 7 million ISK! No way I can squeeze that into my budget.

Slot 8

  1. ZET300 (armor): 3% MOAR hull! It was cheap (400,000 ISK)  so I bought that in case I hop into another hull tanking Taranis soon!

Slot 9

  1. ZGA100 (gunnery): +3% optimal range for all turrets, for just 550,000 ISK? F*** YEAH!
  2. GY-1 (navigation): -3% MWD capacitor need. Good for faction frig MWD addicts.

Slot 10

  1. KZA-1000 (gunnery): 3% less CPU need for all guns. Pretty cheap and might help you to fit those T2 guns on that Rifter.

8 comments:

  1. You can do some nice things with cheap hardwirings for sure. My tastes are a touch more expensive but along the same lines. ZGS1000 is brilliant in the Taranis combined with ZET300 and Lancer G1-Delta. Obviously the optimal range is a nice one for artillery Rifters but I would suggest more traditional autocannon fits look at the tracking rig (I forget which it is) or falloff (AX-1 I think) for that slot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. here is a guide I posted a while back on my blog.

    http://www.tentonhammer.com/eve/guides/pvp/using_pvp_implants

    its pretty good and gives a nice rundown.

    I like using the 3% small turret damage and 3% tracking ones. The 3% hull implant saved my ass once. Got into a really good fight and won with 3% structure. Money well spent :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm new and don't know much of anything about implants (and barely more about Eve), but the Slot 7 ZET200 description reads: "3% reduced capacitor need for remote armor repair system modules". Only for remote armor repair systems? Does that work on regular reppers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh shit I forgot about these things. Lost a pod not too long ago and need new ones. Gracias!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, thanks for the info! I picked up slots 6, 8, and 10 for very reasonable prices. I'm confused about slot 7 so delayed it and slot 9 - ZGA100 - is 2.5 million in Sinq, so I passed on that one...

    Great blog! Fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah that's the stuff! The stuff for wormholes and getting podded for sure I mean. Currently I'm on a explorer's trip there with only the cheap Zor's afterburner hardwiring implanted in my left nipple. The manual said it had to go in the nipple, right?

    In Lowsec I prefer speed to damage. In fact so much speed that when moving forwards, sometimes I move backwards. C6 wormholes opening in my wake are not unheard of. But enough of my humility.

    The SX-1, ZET-300, AX-1 sound awesome for a heavy rifter, or a nullsec Wolf. Since I have a dusty 3rd jumpclone lying around which I never had any use for, thanks to you I now do!

    @Your connection:
    I wish it all the best, may it return in fast and stable manner, and allow you to be shredded by gateguns again soon(tm).
    The Internetz just isn't the shame without you <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the suggestions, guys.

    @Jack Dancer: Thanks for pointing that out, I actually misread that ZET200 description. Again I might add.

    Regarding the prices: I bought the stuff at the beginning of june in Rens. For example I bought four ZGA100 in a range between 500k and 900k, now the price in Rens is 3.5 million! Now that ain't cheap anymore!

    @Panthe: You can put it up your wazoo for all I care, if you don't watch your language here. This is a family blog! In fact, I'm thinking about taking your comment down before google does!

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice and concise frig imp guide I liked it.

    Where can I get the radio reception booster tho? Am sick of loosing reception when going thru WHs :)

    ReplyDelete