Thursday, November 18, 2010

Daddy Needs a New Set of Implants!

After each pod-ola I try to come up with an useful set of hardwiring implants. I get podded quite a lot, so they musn't be too expensive, 10 million in my head, that's enough I say! I don't care about learning implants anymore so we're talking about slot 6 and up.

My main interests are commitment and changing myself damage, speed and agility. So I chose:
  • SLOT 6: SX-1 (+3% projectile damage) for less than 1 million ISK
  • SLOT 7: AY-1 (+3% agility), 8 million ISK
  • SLOT 9: ZGA100 (+3% optimal range), 4 million ISK
Prices are roughly the cheapest sells at Rens. Some other interesting implants are either too expensive or don't fit into my skull:
  • SLOT 6: CY-1, +3% speed
  • SLOT 6: MY-1, +3% Afterburner/MWD speed
  • SLOT 7: AX-1, +3% tracking speed
  • SLOT 7: ZGC100, +3% falloff
  • SLOT 8: ZET300, +3% hull
Isn't there any interesting implant for slots 10? I'm not too gaga over SLOT 8's +3% hull either, but I don't see any useful alternative here. Another question: Did CCP change the slot mappings at some point? A lot of web resources seem to have them wrong.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know how often I made lists with what possible implant to fit for what purpose. And I keep making do-overs since the implants I want are usually too expensive.

    How do you get podded? Too deep in fight with head, you are. When I see my ship getting ready to explode in fierce destruction I've already selected a nearby station before and _while still in the exploding ship_ I already spam the warp-to button 10 to 20 times until I'm in warp. Keeps implant costs low :D also makes me a coward.

    Since I don't have one jump clone per ship (I wish) I decided to go for speed as a compromise. +3% velocity and +5% mwd speed, and for fun +3% turret damage (CX-1 + CY-1 + Zor's Hyper-link). Although that is about 50mio right there. Good thing I looted both expensive ones in a mission way back then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I know how it works _in theory_. But usually those frig fights are so close I'm not sure who explodes first. And I don't want to make tracking me easier for that last wrecking shot by premature alignment.

    But the REAL truth is: It's my overall clumsiness, I just can't work with this mess of a UI which always makes it impossible to click in the most crucial moments: While undocking and exploding. I hate Eve's UI. I hate it with passion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make a pod saver overview tab, with just planets on it. then when your in the fight if it looks close, click on that tab, you'll loose data on the target, however you'll have a better chance of getting out if you do pop first.

    ReplyDelete